Thursday, February 12, 2009

Meal Planner Giveaway!

If you have been following the Leaders for very long, you know that our family loves to eat! Simply put, we are all foodies! Chef Daddy loves to cook, and the kids and I love to eat whatever he makes for us. Eating meals together as a family is very important to us. It is essentially a way for all of us to "reconnect" as a family after work, school and daycare. In fact, this time of day is so sacred to us that our kids know that we do not watch TV or answer the phone during meal times. Kamree will be the first one to turn the TV off before dinner at night, and it about kills Carson not to answer the phone (since he is usually the only one who answers the phone at our house), but he does follow the meal time rules without complaining!

In any event, Cory and I always plan our weekly meals on either Friday night or Saturday morning for the upcoming week. Since both of us work outside of the home, meal planning is essential in helping us run a smooth household. We grocery shop for the entire week and there is no last minute running to the grocery store during the week. Our nights are usually smooth sailing.

When I recently came across these adorable meal planner note pads at Michael's, I knew they would be perfect for our family. I picked up five extra at the same time to give away on my blog. If you would like to enter the giveaway, please leave me a comment, and I will post the five winners on Sunday, February 15, 2009.


24 comments:

OH MY #6 said...

I would love to be entered. Thank you, for the fun!

Lea
xo

Kim said...

How FUN...
I was just telling my husband that I need to do this due to us trying to figure it out when we are driving home..
I would love to be entered..
THANK YOU for a FUN giveaway..
Hugs.
Have a great day..

photo lady said...

We plan meals as well. So we would love cool meal planner to use. Sign us up. :)

Jboo said...

You know how bad I need one of these! Throw my name in the hat too!

Janet

Ivy Shaffer said...

I think that's great you are so committed to making meal times special. It should be! I remember how much I enjoyed sitting down and chatting with my family.

Great idea for the planners, I would need one for every hour, since I forget everything lately with a 2yr old running around!

Fun post.

Ivy

Shari said...

I need to start planning meals! I have become really bad at meal planning!! This would be a great help!

Shari said...

I need to start planning meals! I have become really bad at meal planning!! This would be a great help!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

They are so cute....I would love to enter the giveaway....maybe it will entice me to plan ahead. I am horrible when it comes to this......I am a spur of the moment meal planner, who makes many trips to the store for those last minute items:)

Lisa

Dawn said...

Oh I would love to enter...I plan out my menu every week (at least the entree) it helps me be a better shopper :)

Kam said...

Count me in as well...I try to be good at planning but those are adorable! Thanks for sharin the love!

Our Complete Family said...

Those must be so darn handy! I am so not a meal plan aheader, but I need to be so those would maybe steer me in the right direction!
Happy day wishes~ Les

Christy said...

What a cute idea. I love that you are so organized and plan your meals. I kind of rough plan them most of the time so that I have the stuff on hand that I know we like to cook but there are some nights I just stand at the fridge and think-- what am I gonna cook? Sometimes I get crazy organized like you guys and actually plan the meals for the week or two. I love feeling organized like that.

Anyway, we are the same with eating dinner around the table. It is a necessity and we force ourselves to do it each night even though it is easier just to sit in front of the TV like so many families do. We always sit around our kitchen table with the TV off. We are dedicated to this and have been since the kids were babies.

Fun little pads-- I would love to be entered!!!

Christy :)

Marci @All Things Wonderful said...

How great are these meal planners?! I need these. I am the worst meal planner...

Thank you for a fun giveaway!

Kim said...

Yes, count me in! Last night all four of us had Mac and Cheese since there was nothing else, not even leftovers, I don't think that has ever happend.

Thanks for helping the rest of us get organized!

Domestic Goddess..Diva sometimes said...

Never saw these. Cute! Sign me up! ;)

Unknown said...

I am trying so hard to get more organized. These would really help.

Shell in your Pocket said...

How fun...enter me pretty please!
-sandy toe

carolinagirl said...

YEAH!!! I NEED THIS! We really just started a new budget last month (with us trying to buy this new house), and we have been meal planning for the week on the weekends too. I have just been keeping my meals for each night in my head. This is just what I need to help me remember! Great idea!!!

CarolinaGirl said...

You are such a good Mommy! If I had these they would say
Mon- Chick-fi-la
Tues- Cereal
Wednesday- Lunchable
Did I mention my husband works out of town Mon-Fri leaving me with all the girls and a dog! I do sneak a veggie in there every night :)

Jodee said...

Carolina Girl -- If my husband didn't do ALL of the cooking, that would be my list too! Who doesn't LOVE cereal for dinner anyway?

Jodee

Jamie said...

Oh I would loved to entered in your giveaway! This would come in handy with all of my meals planning I do. Thanks so much!

AMY said...

Count me in! I am a meal planner also but I am not as diciplined about eating together at the table. I try to make it happen about twice a week. With Daddy working on our house 3-4 nights a week it is just me and the little guys juggling homework and dinner. That little planner will really jazz up my frige :)

KeriAnne said...

I have been saying I'll plan the meals better now that I am home, and I have good intentions each week, but I still get nailed and never have all the ingredients I need! Enter me in the drawing so maybe I can get better organized...if I don't win, luckily Michael's is close so I can run and get a pad or two!

Keri

Jessica said...

I love how organize and plan out your meals together. I would love one of the meal planners! If I win, will you give me your meal plan for a week? I'm always looking for new ideas and recipes.