Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My Sweet Boys!

As I mentioned earlier, Cory had Lasik eye surgery last week. I had planned to post a Wordless Wednesday picture of him today recovering in his dark sunglasses and full beard! In fact, I had already taken a picture of his 15 bottles of eye drops but I never did get around to taking the picture of him before he shaved off his beard and went back to work!

In any event, last Saturday morning, Cory and Carson headed to their monthly kids workshop at Home Depot. On the way home, they stopped and got groceries and brought me back flowers. As I have also mentioned before, Carson loves to buy me flowers and he picks out the same basket every single time, which I think is so sweet and funny at the same time!

Thank you, Cory and Carson, for the adorable basket of flowers! I love you both to the moon and back!

" Surprise, Mom!"

"Thank you for taking care of Dad.....Love, Carson"

This is the adorable wood box that Carson made for me at Home Depot.
I can't wait to paint it and get it out every year for Valentine's Day!
If you look close, you will see that he carved an "L" in it.
He knows how much I love personalized and monogrammed items!

20 comments:

Shelly and Family said...

Aaawwwww...too sweet! Who doesn't love to get some flowers especially when hand picked by such a handsome man!

As for the Lasik, I had mine done about 7 years ago and it was one of the best things I did for myself. The only draw back is onions - when cutting them - make my eyes burn (which they didn't before) and night driving...more like bright headlights...get to me after a while. Other than that...I so love my new (well now old lol) eyes!

Aren't those glasses the doc makes you wear just too funny!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Aren't they SWEET!!! The flowers are so pretty and the project Carson made was so cute too....perfect Valentine's day gift!!

I still want to see the picture of Carlos....I mean Chef Daddy!

Lisa

Kim said...

I can't wait till I can go to HD and make all the goodies..
If you don't know i work there and I usually make the sample one for the kids..
So much fun..
Have a great week..
Love the flowers..

Lisa said...

He is so sweet. He is going to be a great boyfriend I think, someday! The flowers are beautiful and the box he made is priceless!!! What a perfect Valentines day gift.

OH MY #6 said...

so sweet!

lea
xo

Kam said...

What a great post...hope your hubs is lovin life with his new eyes! It's been 8 years for me...and I'm still so glad I did it.

Those flowers are beautiful and the Valentine box is precious!

Rhonda said...

Jodie,

How sweet are those little flowers, and the fact that he chooses the same basket each time....Awww....I remember when my little guys were that young....Cherish every moment b/c before you know it, they'll be all grown up and heading for college like my Tyler! Bittersweet! Your family is so cute!

Have a great Valentines Weekend!
~Rhonda

Jennifer said...

What sweet boys you have! Both of them!

Kim said...

Sooo sweet! Chef Daddy is training Carson early :. I love the box I may have to send Ben and Mason next time!

LaLa said...

That is so sweet!!! Love that he always gets the same ones : ) The box is beautiful too!

Jboo said...

Sweet!! Those guys of yours are pretty cute!

Janet

3 Peanuts said...

Sounds like Cory is teaching his young son how to treat women. I love it!

carolinagirl said...

That is such a sweet boy you have there - both of them! The box is just precious...maybe you should let Carson paint it. Then it really would be a treasure from him.

Marla said...

How sweet of your boys. Your son will be a great catch someday, I know a cute 3 year old. :o)

Super Mommy said...

Oh, the men in your life are sooo sweet!

Sounds like Cory recovered great from his surgery!!

Domestic Goddess..Diva sometimes said...

I hope he's ok now. I'm too chicken to try it. Hope he loved it. :)

Jennifer said...

What sweet guys you have!!! I love the card on the basket of flowers. I love seeing how kids write there names. Too cute!

The box is great! What a great gift for you. I know from your blog how much you love Valentine's Day.

Jen

Jessica said...

What a sweetheart! Carson is going to make one fine husband someday. =)

jenbusymom said...

Awesome for Cory! Now it sounds to me like somebody's their mama's boy!! Too cute!

Heather said...

Awwww, so sweet. I just love hearing sweet stories of men and babies who take great care of the mommies!

Glad Cory is on the mend and can see like a champ!