Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine's Day!

We had a short and sweet Valentine's Day this year. The kids opened up their gifts from us and Chef Daddy made heart shaped pancakes for breakfast. After breakfast, the gang packed up and headed to Grandpa and Grandma Leader's house for the weekend. I enjoyed having 48 hours all.to.myself!

Kamree insisted on eating M&M's first thing in the morning!
We break all food rules on holidays!
Life is short -- sometimes you just have to eat dessert first!

Carson opening up his V-Day card!

Kamree with her V-Day loot!

Both kids got new PJs and a pair of shoes too!

Carson immediately put on his new PJs!

Kamree loved her new blue crocs!

Chef Daddy then made Kamree two little heart shaped pancakes

and a big heart shaped pancake for Carson!

Kamree wore her new blue crocs to Grandpa and Grandma's house!
She doesn't care about matching nowadays!

14 comments:

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Looks like a great VDay!!

Chef Daddy outdid himself with the heart shaped pancakes.....and Miss K's appetizer of M&M's was just perfect for the occasion...lol!!

The crocs are so cute..I am holding out on the crocs as long as I can this season....it took me about 2 months to get Sarah to wear something other than them this past fall!!

Have a great day!

Lisa

Shelly and Family said...

What a great V-Day! I read your post about your weekend along below...oh how I would love one of those....(I am so jealous lol!)

OH MY #6 said...

how fun. I love the little basket idea.

Lea
xo

Shell in your Pocket said...

What a great Valentines day!

They had a lot of special treats..they are all so cute!
-sandy toe

Jboo said...

Cute -- love those blue crocs! You had a fun weekend on your own, didn't you! :)

Janet

Our Complete Family said...

Cute, cute, cute Val day baskets for the kiddos! Mine loved coming downstairs to goodies on the table, too. Isn't it fun to have kids?
Love the pjs and crocs. So cute!
And the heart shaped pancakes~ awww!
So glad to read in the post below that you got some 'you time' as well. What a treat!
Hugs, Les

Kate said...

So funny that Carson put on his pjs and Kamree went for the chocolate...my kind of girlie!!!

Fun fun!!!

Jennifer said...

Love it all! love that you had the whole weekend to yourself! What in the world would I do with a weekend to myself? Love Kamreee's crocs. We're croc fans too! And of course ya'll got PJ's I wouldn't have expected anything else :)

Sharon said...

Looks like a great day! I love getting to eat choc for breakfast too@!

carolinagirl said...

We had heart shaped pancakes too, and my friend added red food coloring so they were pink (we were out of town staying with friends)!!!

My boys both got rollerblades. They were so happy.

Kamree is soooo cute. I love those little crocs!

Kim said...

Looks like a great Valentine's Day...
LOVE the crocs.. I soo want a pair..Nike's are my favorite..
Love the heart shaped pancakes..
have a great week.
Hugs..

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

What a fun day!!! Those pancakes look yummy!!!! What a sweet daddy.
Love the cute little blue crocs. My girls love crocs!

jenbusymom said...

They look so happy with their loot! My girls have the same stockings!

Glad you got to enjoy some you time! Isn't it funny that when we actually get some though, we don't know what to do!

Julie said...

How sweet! I love the baskets and balloons! And a weekend alone?! I'm so envious!