Last Friday night, Carson and I met our local bloggy friends, Kim and Mason, at Pioneers Park for an evening nature walk. We couldn't have picked a better night in February. The weather was a warm 50 degrees and it was also a very clear night, which made it perfect for looking at the stars. I guess I didn't need to borrow Chef Daddy's thermal underwear after all!
Our guide took us on a fun nature walk through Pioneers Park. She stopped several times so we could locate different stars and she also told us the many stories and myths behind the stars. Kim and I started taking pictures on the walk, as any good Mamarazzi would do, and we were immediately ordered to stop! Let's just say -- our guide took her job very serious! She didn't want anything to get in the way of her star gazing! My favorite part of the walk, however, was listening to the many sounds in the night -- the owls were non-stop and so fun to listen to.
When we returned from the walk, the boys enjoyed exploring the nature center while drinking a cup of hot cocoa. I thought Kim and I were going to have to move the party to Lee's Chicken, a restaurant down the street, since we were the last to leave. She and I could have talked all.night.long! In any event, we are already planning a family picnic at Pioneers Park this summer with both of our families. We can't wait for our hubbies to meet!
Thanks again, Cory and Ben, for hanging out with the girls so we could enjoy a starry night with our sons! You guys are the best!
20 comments:
How FUN!!!!
Sounds like everyone had a Great time..
Have a great week..
Looks like so much fun!
LOOKS LIKE GREAT FUN!!!
HUGS FROM MAINE
http://sophie4me.blogspot.com/
Thanks again for inviting us to go, we had a great time.
I keep laughing about the mamarrazi because we totally were! We started snapping pictures as soon as we got there. Only a blogger mother knows you have to get some great shots for the post and possibly a collage!!!
Have a great week! Can't wait for our next get together!
What a blast!! You really lucked out on the warm temps!
Janet
Looks like a fun outing.
Lea
xo
Looks like a great night!
What a great way to get some exercise and have fun too. Looks like a fun time was had by all.
Have a great week :)
Sounds like you all had a great time and you got lucky with the weather too....I know you were worried that you all would freeze out there!!
Bummer they wouldn't let you take pics along the walk, but looks like you got it covered indoors:)
Sounds like a GREAT activity and I am glad it was not too cold.
What a fun night! I should really plan a fun outing with just me and the boys. Mostly we just run errands together - nothing they enjoy!
Sounds like a wonderful time!!
How did anyone have the nerve to stop a mom with a camera??? :)
Terrye in FL
How fun!! That sounds like a great time. You are always foing such fun things with the kids. I would never think of doing things like that.
Cute pics as well.
Christy :)
How fun!
I had fun reading your last few posts to catch up on your blog hun! The star walk sounds like it was a blast, your organization of kiddos stuff is great and those soccer slippers Ms. Kamree has on? Bryce has the same exact ones and Caroline loves to march about in them! Happy day wishes to you~ Les
looks like a great time!! love it!
Sounds like a great evening under the stars with your little guy. Those dates are the best. :o)
What a fun time!!! Great pictures. I'm so glad that you have a blogger who is now a friend! That's so neat.
Looks like a fun night!!!
Jen
Post a Comment