Since we will be leaving for Adventureland this coming Friday morning, we decided to stay in town for Memorial Day weekend. We had some of Chef Daddy's old co-workers and current co-workers over for a BBQ on Saturday night. He smoked ribs for dinner, which were a big hit (especially with our pregnant friend)!
While Carson finished up his last private swimming lesson today, Kamree and I ran to Kohl's. We bought Grandma Leader's birthday gift and a few other things for our upcoming trip to San Diego. We then picked up chicken from Lee's Chicken, a Ma/Pa restaurant in our neighborhood, and headed to Pioneer's Park for a picnic tonight. It was a little too "buggy" for me so we ate fast and then took the kids to play at the playground. Chef Daddy and Carson also took a quick nature walk/bide ride before we left. We stopped and got ice cream on the way back.
We are enjoying our long weekend and will either go to the Children's Museum or the Children's Zoo tomorrow (depending on the weather).

Kamree snuck a chocolate cupcake before our guests arrived.
Life is short....eat dessert first!

Carson LOVES corn on the cob!

Carson, Cousin Jake and Eli!

Eli!

Topless sidewalk chalk!

The boys ended the night with a BIG pillow fight!

Chef Daddy made a Wal-Mart/Sam's run today while the kids were napping.
He came home with this water gun for Carson!

I think Daddy might like the water gun as much as Carson does!

Carson and Kamree playing at Pioneers Park!


"Wheeeeee!"



Carson and Daddy on a nature walk/bike ride!

As usual, we wrapped up the weekend
with a trip to the Dairy Sweet.
Kamree with her BIG vanilla shake!
5 comments:
GREAT PICTURES JODEE!! IT LOOKS LIKE YOU GUYS HAD A GOOD TIME. HOW FUN TO BE TAKING OFF FRIDAY FOR ADVENTURELAND. THE KIDS WILL LOVE THAT!! WE STUCK AROUND HOME THIS WEEKEND AS WELL AND IT WAS NICE TO HAVE A WEEKEND WITHOUT BEING OUT OF TOWN. ANYWAY, GREAT PICS AND I HOPE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO POST WHILE AT ADVENTURELAND. WE ALL WOUDL LOVE IT!!!
CHRISTY :)
You guys do such fun things with your kiddo's! The memories your kids are going to have will be amazing. Adventureland looks like a lot of fun.
Are you sure that water gun is for Carson??? Think your hub needs one for Father's Day! Weekends always go too fast, don't they! See you soon.
Jan
Looks like such a blast. Sometimes it is so nice to spend a long weekend at home. I love the picture of Kamree coming down the slide on her belly...too cute!!
I'm with Jan, I think Cory definitely needs a water gun for Father's Day! :)
Oh, I miss midwest corn!! ..and come to think of it - I miss topless sidewalk chalk :=)
Post a Comment